Thanksgiving Basket Brigade
Time & Location
About the Event
WHAT: Volunteers donate and deliver tailor-made baskets of food for thanksgiving feasts to feed families in need.
WHY: The notion behind Basket Brigade is that one small act of generosity, on the part of caring person, can transform the lives of many people.This year our goal is 101 Baskets!
WHO: This is the perfect event for children, teams , families, friends, coworkers and company involvement. Simply buy a basket, fill it with food for thanksgiving, decorate it like a gift and show up!
In each basket we place a note: "This is a gift from someone who cares about you. All we ask is that you take care of yourself and do this for someone else someday."
Shopping Suggestions : Thanksgiving Dinner for a family of five
- Rectangle laundry basket - fill it up!!!!
- Decorations for your basket
- Ten dollar grocery gift card(for turkey, taped inside the basket or card for safe keeping!!)
- Cans of : corn, cranberries, green beans, vegetables, yams, cream of mushroom soup, fruit cocktail etc.
- Box/bag of potatoes
- Bag of rolls
- Pre made pumpkin pie
- Cookies, Cake, brownies.....sweets!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Other staple foods for the week